Looking for a place to escape some of the cold weather, Texas is an ideal location. Most of Texas below Dallas has fair winters and the further south the warmer the winters become. Spend a little time in Texas and you will become a honorary Winter Texan.
We at RV Adventure-USA believe there are many ideal places in Texas worth spending some time exploring. If you want assistance with a winter trip, we would recommend campgrounds that offer activities during your stay as many of us find these to be fun to participate in, we will list things to do in the local area and provide one day trip excursion ideas as applicable.
1) San Antonio: Well known for its famous Alamo History. The River Walk is San Antonio’s premier vacation attraction. The river flows several miles right thru San Antonio. San Antonio has many museums reflecting its historic origin as well as art museums. There are numerous great parks, a marvelous zoo as well as Sea World. Restaurants abound, your taste in food will be found in San Antonio.
2) Rio Grande Valley (RGV): Snowbirds and vacationers alike will enjoy RGV and the Mexican culture that defines the origin. In the southern-most cities such as Brownsville, McAllen, Harlingen, and town of Mission winter campers abound. Many Winter Texans leave their home in the cold months to enjoy bird-watching and enjoy a tropics type climate.
3) Gulf of Mexico Coastline: Near Corpus Christi lies towns of Portland, Port Aransas, and Rockport. South Padre Island is a favorite day trip for many. The area has many RV Parks and a very comfortable winter climate with plenty to do.
4) Big Bend National Park area: Located in the western part of Texas is like no other National Park you have ever visited. The Rio Grande River formed much of the landscape within the Park. The night time skies will sparkle like none other you have seen. This Park is about nature, great hiking, bird watching, and casual enjoyment of the climate.
4) Hill Country, Texas: Home to President Lyndon Johnson and with large vistas of a huge Texas. The hill country has many small unique towns that are fun to browse. The weather is very pleasant and you are in a less crowded space than some of the other parts of Texas. Do not forget to see the little community Willy Nelson and other western singers made famous, Luckenbach, Texas. Also the Bar-B-Que in Bandera, Texas is second to none.
You have to consider Texas as a winter destination at least once! RV Adventure-USA is here to help you plan a wonderful vacation.